Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lessons from Precious Children


Marina, California, 29 November 1980:


One day Sarah was exceptionally quiet. She had been playing in one of the bedrooms for about 20 minutes - so I went to check on her. She had climbed in her crib for her nap and was fast asleep! (Become as a little child)


Another time we took the children to a movie, and Billy sat next to me with his arm around me! (Love one another)


Amy was a delightful, young lady - creative, helpful, loving, eager to do what's right, and she enjoyed life fully. (Be obedient)



By this time, Tim was almost as tall as me. He was really helpful with Sarah when I'd go shopping with the kids. Other times, he'd babysit for little snatches of time when Sarah was asleep and I needed to run for groceries. He was growing up fast. (Serve one another)


This year Tom had to work when we celebrated Thanksgiving. I cooked a small turkey, but wasn't going to do anything fancy. Amy insisted on a tablecloth, china, and flowers - and I finally got in the holiday spirit. (Show gratitude)


" . . . A little child shall lead them." [Isaiah 11:6] Oh the things we can learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment