Friday, November 6, 2009

Busy Days

Marina, California, Spring-Summer 1980:

It took a lot of energy to keep up with 4 active, healthy children. As they got older and became involved in more outside activities, the days zoomed past fast.


Tim was 8 years old. He had piano lessons, cub scouts, and baseball 3 times a week (twice a week were baseball games).

Amy at 6 participated in Brownies, "Dance and Twirl" (Baton) lessons, and was rehearsing for a play 3 nights a week. She had auditioned for a play at California's First Theater in Monterey and got the part! It's was a melodrama called "Ruined by Drink" and she played a young girl that got very sick. The play ran all summer long for 2 or 3 nights each week. Plus, she was marching in parades that summer with the Dance & Twirl Club.

Billy, 4, was going to Preschool 3 times a week. His class is put on the production "Peter Rabbit" - with Billy playing the part of a vegetable!

Sarah kept me busy just chasing her! She learned where her belly button was, but when I asked her where Billy was, she pointed to her belly button!

I was attending college classes 2 mornings and 2 nights each week. My major was Interior Design. Drafting class was great to challenge my brain to think through problems, and then see them worked out on paper.


Needless to say, some days I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. It was all good, though. All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment