Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Amy!




Seaside, California, 20 November 1973:

I can still remember this day so well. I was expecting our new baby on November 1, 1973. Back then, we had no idea what sex the baby would be, but we only had one name picked out, a girl's name. The waiting game had begun.

Around November 5, my mother phoned me. She'd had a dream that I had given birth and the baby was born with two teeth! Mom was VERY surprised to find me at home, when, according to her, I should have been at the hospital. Obviously, I hadn't had the baby yet.
We waited . . . and waited some more. Over the next couple of weeks, I had a couple of small contractions, but nothing happened.

THREE WEEKS LATER! My labor started early on Tuesday morning, November 20. About 6:00 AM we dropped Tim off at Brenda Kent's home and then checked in at Monterey Community Hospital. Amy Lynn Werle was born at 10:00 AM. She was perfect in every way - even had a full head of black hair! That was a surprise. What a doll!

I can remember when the doctor put Amy in my arms - I'd found heaven. She was and still is heaven to me. I'm glad I got picked to be her mother. THAT is a great blessing. Happy Birthday, Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment