Monday, November 9, 2009

Wild Indians or Cubs? Billy's 8th Birthday

Marina, California, 12 August 1983:

For Billy's eighth birthday, we made invitations that he took to his cub scout den meeting about a week prior. After delivering about 8 invitations, we received 5-6 RSVP's. The party was scheduled to begin after the next den meeting. Thinking all was under control, we prepared for the party.

Our ideas of a calm party came to a screeching halt when 12 cub scouts ran in the front door for the party! It was bedlam. Chaos reigned.

It was a very LONG couple of hours for the party. I don't remember what we did to entertain them. I only remember it was not enough. They were so charged with energy, I thought I'd have to peel them off the ceiling. In fact, I think they were climbing on the rafters in the garage!

Lesson learned: Never, NEVER again invite the whole cub scout den to a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment