Friday, November 13, 2009

Endless Pickles

San Jose, California, 1984 - 1988:

I found a recipe to make really good dill pickles. They were juicy and crunchy. Each year we'd get the cucumbers and make a batch of about 12 quart jars.

Usually about once each month, we had the missionaries over for dinner. At the end of each meal, I went out to the garage where we had our jars of home canned products, picked up a jar of pickles and gave it to the missionaries to take home.

When it got down to the point I only had two jars left on the shelf, I still gave them our pickles. I NEVER RAN OUT OF PICKLES, and yet the missionaries continued to come every month, and I gave them pickles every month.

I feel I was being blessed for helping someone else. That which we give away, does bring blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment